B/S/S/T Area Agency on Aging provides support for grandparents and other older relatives who care for children. Our Caregiver Support Program helps to address the unique challenges facing these kinship caregivers.
What Kind of Help is Available?
Services and support available through the CSP include:
- Care management to evaluate caregiver’s needs and goals, develop an individualized support plan, connect caregiver to services and monitor progress.
- Financial assistance to reimburse caregiving services and supplies, including medical supplies; home modifications; personal care; adult day care; and emotional, legal, and financial counseling. Support is provided on a sliding scale based on the income of the household where the care recipient resides.
- Education and training to enhance caregiving skills while alleviating stress associated with caregiving.
- Information and referral to access caregiving services and support, including adult day care centers and home health aide services.
- Benefits counseling for caregivers receiving support from income-based programs.
Who is Eligible?
- Caregiver must be 55 or older
- Must be a relative (not the biological parent) and the primary caregiver of a child under 18
- Must live with the child they are caring for
- Must meet income requirements (Call for details)